Complete Mineral Complex 90 Capsules
Comprehensive Mineral/Trace Element Formula.
Product Information:Basic Minerals™, from Douglas Laboratories, is a comprehensive mineral/trace element formula. Basic
Minerals contains patented mineral amino acid chelates from Albion Laboratories and other welltolerated
and highly absorbable mineral forms. Basic Minerals is iron-free, making it an appropriate choice for those
concerned about getting too much iron but who want to supplement with a full-spectrum of other minerals and
Minerals play a variety of essential roles throughout the body.
Some of the primary roles of each mineral include:
- Calcium is a principal mineral constituent of bones and is thus essential for strong bones.
- Magnesium is involved in energy metabolism, and is notably important in the heart, skeletal muscles,and
- nervous system.
- Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of thyroxin,the thyroid hormone that regulates the
- body’s metabolic rate.
- Zinc is important for growth, immune system function, protein synthesis, antioxidant mechanisms,
- and wound healing.
- Selenium is an essential cofactor of glutathione peroxidase, a potent antioxidant.
- Copper regulates iron metabolism and activates superoxide dismutase, a powerful endogenous antioxidant.
- Manganese is essential for antioxidant systems in the body, bone growth, fat metabolism, and protein,
- nucleic acid, and cartilage synthesis.
- Chromium is required for normal blood sugar and lipid metabolism; it is an integral component of
- glucose tolerance factor (GTF).
- Molybdenum is involved in copper and iron transport, nucleic acid synthesis, and sulfur metabolism.
- Potassium is involved in normal muscle tone, nerve function, and many enzymes.
- Vanadium is active in lipid and glucose metabolism.
- Boron is involved in steroid hormone metabolism,cell membrane stability, and bone health.
Three capsules contain:
Calcium (as DimaCal Di-Calcium Malate) 200 mg
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mg
Magnesium (as Di-Magnesium Malate) 200 mg
Zinc (as Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate) 20 mg
Selenium (as Selenium Glycinate Complex) 200 mcg
Copper (TRAACS Copper Bisglycinate Chelate) 2 mg
Manganese (TRAACS Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate) 2 mg
Chromium (TRAACS Vanadium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) 200 mcg
Molybdenum (TRAACS Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate) 150 mcg
Potassium (as Potassium Glycerinate Complex) 150 mg
Vanadium (TRAACS Vanadium Nicotinate Glycerinate Chelate) 100 mg
Boron (as Bororganic Glycine) 2 mg
**U.S. Patent No. 4,599,152 Albion Laboratories.
***ChromeMate® brand of chromium polynicotinate (niacin-bound
chromium) U.S. Patent No. 4,923,855 InterHealth Co.